Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My First Post!

    Currently I am spending a muggy summer Tuesday inside. I found myself turning to my guitar, as I do when all other things fail. But when I was playing, I thought about not only showing my family what I love to do; but anyone else out there who may be attached to the guitar as much as me. My guitar is sort of my way to release. When I play my guitar, my complete focus is on every string I pluck and every not I strum.


     My dad is my inspiration, as he is for many things. As I grew up, he played as the worship leader for my church. I was always so amazed when I saw that all you needed was to put your fingers on certain strings, and you could make a beautiful sound. He makes it look unbelievably easy, and he has a smooth voice to match.


     When my family moved from California to the east coast, of course, new friends had to be made. Once I made good friends and settled down, things got boring. Though my part of the east coast has a wonderful landscape and plenty of places to view nature, my need for excitement wasn't fulfilled.


     This is about when I turn to my dad and ask for him to teach me guitar. And this is about when you expect to hear my sappy and inspirational stories about how the guitar forever changed my life. (Which it has)..


     I am planning on updating very frequently and posting a wide variety of blogs; from guitar lessons, to personal stories that hopefully grab your interest and help you improve your guitar skills as well.


          Thanks for reading and keep stopping by!
                            (:

No comments:

Post a Comment